Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stinky Circumstances

Stinky Circumstances

I'm in a funk today. Can anyone relate? That feeling that everything is heavy. I'm weepy and feeling very dull...... There are circumstances going on that are painful and out of my control. A few of my friends have circumstances in their lives that are stinky too.

There's a song that came to mind with a verse from Psalm 42:5 which reads, Why are you downcast, O my soul? and I Thess. 5:16-18 also came to mind. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all stinky circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. You won't find stinky in the NIV version. It's only in the "Kelly" version.

My prayer is... even when my eyes are weepy and my heart is heavy, I will feel joy. And, even though there are stinky circumstances, I will truly be thankful IN the circumstances because it is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. My comfort is, as promised, that God faithfully shows up everyday, even when there are stinky circumstances.

My hope for you is that you will look for and see God in your stinky circumstances today.

8 comments:

Jeanine said...

I'm sorry for your stinky circumstances today. Just as you said in your comment to me on my blog, "If I lived closer I'd give you a hug." So...I'm giving you a big cyber hug. Will that work? I hope tomorrow is less stinky for you!
Peace.
Jeanine

Kelly said...

Jeanine, Thank you for the cyber hug!

Jamie said...

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry that you are right in the middle of some 'stinky' circumstances. You are so right friend...we have comfort in a faithful God. I'm encouraged by watching your life during these hard times...you seem to be doing a good job of keep your eyes fixed on Him. I'm praying for you and all those involved in these very stinky circumstances.

Love,
Jamie

Jill said...

I think we can all relate. I was just talking to someone this past week about such things and how it would be so easy to retreat and wave the white flag. I know God has purpose in all the stinky things. It truly shapes us and files off all the stinky edges that are not from Him. I love ya!

Lori said...

you and I must have the same translation..."joy in stinky circumstances...".
that's what mine says, too.
so much easier said than done, my friend.
I will be praying for you that God will show you His heart in all this and that you will know that He has a "more excellent way" for us.
;0)

Ginger said...

My heart aches for you, Dear Friend! And I think it stinks that God has taken me so far away. I miss you, think of you often, and pray for you (and your circumstances) daily. Don't lose heart...you DO have joy in your circumstances, and you are a good example of someone who is allowing God to work in her life. I'm so happy there will be no tears in Heaven...no stinky circumstances there! Let's keep looking for that day...

Juli said...

You don't know me (or at least I don't think we do!), but most of the people who posted do.

I just had to share this little thought...My daughter (9) has been in counseling for four months now. A wonderful man who is local, so if anyone ever needs a name, I have one. Anyways, BJ has been working very hard on Jessa's "Stinkin Thinkin". I love that! My children have been through more than they deserve and part of their lives are lived in stinky circumstances. BJ has really worked with Jessa on how to make these circumstances not WHO she is or how much she thinks about it. I think as women we tend to focus in the negative sometimes and a 9-year old girl is no different.

I pray your stinky circumstances won't turn into stinkin thinkin for you.

BJ also is working on Jessa's willingness over willfulness, but that is a way different post!

Grace said...

Hi, I'm back. It has been a while since I was here. It is so nice to be back again here. :)